How Capri Day Tour DIY self-guiding tours work
- How does Capri Day Tour work?
- Capri Day Tour is a day trip package that lets you visit the island of Capri in complete independence with locked in prices. Our Basic and Gold packages include tickets and vouchers for: a boat trip of the island with a stop at the Blue Grotto; funicular tickets to Capri; bus tickets to Anacapri and chairlift tickets to Mount Solaro in the Gold package; and a three course lunch in a local restaurant. There is no guide nor set schedule, so you can organize your day to fit your travel style and pace.
- Do you suggest an itinerary for our DIY day trip with Capri Day Tour?
We suggest arriving on the island by 9:30 a.m. You can check ferry schedules here.
- Stop by the Motoscafisti ticket office on Pier 0 to pick up your day trip package which includes all the tickets and vouchers you need for the day. Begin by using your boat tour ticket to see the island by sea. The first boat leaves between 9:30 and 10 am, and tours continue non-stop all day.
- Use your funicular ticket to take the funicular uphill to Capri town (the funicular departs every 15 minutes from 6 am to 8 pm), or use your bus ticket to take the private blue and grey bus to Anacapri (our private buses run from 10 am to 3 pm) for Gold package trips.
- Basic package trips: visit the center of Capri town on your own. Gold package trips: use your chairlift ticket to ride up to the top of Mount Solaro and back (the chairlift runs from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm), then take a stroll through the center of Anacapri.
- Use your voucher to have lunch at La Pigna in Capri or La Giara in Anacapri (for Gold package trips), both of which serve from noon to 3 pm.
- Gold trip packages: use your bus ticket to take the bus from Anacapri to Capri town, which runs from 11 am to 5 pm.
- Free time to explore Capri.
- Take the funicular downhill to the port, which departs every 15 minutes until 8 pm.
- I booked a day trip package, so what do I need to do once I disembark on Capri?
- Go to private pier number 0 in Marina Grande where Motoscafisti di Capri has their offices, skip the line, and show your voucher at the ticket window. You will be given your day trip package which includes all the tickets and vouchers you will need for your day on Capri, including your boat tour ticket, funicular ticket, and lunch voucher. Gold packages also include a bus ticket to Anacapri and a chairlift ticket.
Getting to Capri, Italy
- Is the ferry to and from Capri included in the price?
- No, our DIY system gives you the flexibility to arrive on Capri with the ferry and at the time you choose, so you can start your day trip as early or as late as you want. We do recommend that you arrive in the morning, however. We do not arrange transfers from Sorrento with small boats for safety reasons. The public ferries are the safest way to reach the island of Capri.
- Where can I check ferry schedules and prices?
- Ferries for Capri depart from Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi, and Positano. On this page you can see prices, schedules, port information, and even book your ferry online. Public ferries dock just a few steps from pier 0, where you will need to stop and pick up your day tour package from the Motoscafisti ticket window and then depart on your boat tour.
DIY Capri Day Tour Day Trip Packages
- What is included in the day trip package?
- You will receive a PDF voucher, which you will take to the Motoscafisti ticket window on Pier 0. Present your voucher, and you will receive your package containing all the tickets and vouchers you need. Vouchers can be printed or shown from your smartphone or tablet screen.
- What is included in the day trip package price?
- All transportation on the island (funicular for the Basic package and funicular, bus, and chiarlift for the Gold package), a three course lunch, and a boat tour. Tour guides and the ferry to and from the island are not included.
- Are there guided tours of Capri and Anacapri?
- No, you can explore Capri and Anacapri independently at your own pace. We can suggest some of the most interesting sights based on your interests and you can decide where to linger. You don't have to keep up with a group, follow a schedule, or waste time on attractions that don't interest you!
- How long does the day trip last?
- The Basic package takes at least 4 to 5 hours, while the Gold requires around 8 hours. You have complete control over your schedule with our DIY system, however, so you can take as much or as little time as you need on the island.
- Can I change my dates?
- Yes, we are very flexible about changing dates and your ticket is valid for five days after the reserved date. If you need to, we can also move your date forward. If you are staying overnight on Capri, you can divide your package over more than one day: for example, using your boat tour voucher one day and your lunch voucher the next. Remember that the restaurants included are closed at dinner!
- Will we visit the Blue Grotto?
- There is a scheduled stop at the Blue Grotto during the boat tour, and tickets are EUR 14 and must be purchased at the cave entrance if you opt to visit. The Blue Grotto is not managed by Capri Day Tour. The Grotto may be closed when there are adverse weather or sea conditions, and the wait can get quite long in high season. If the wait is estimated to be more than 60 minutes, the captain can choose to return to port.
- Can I get reimbursed for my package?
- Yes, you can cancel free of charge up to two days before your reserved date. You can also cancel free of charge within 48 hours if weather or sea conditions make it impossible to reach the island of Capri.
- I did not receive my pdf voucher after booking online. What should I do?
- Sent an email to email@example.com or call from 9 am to 4 pm to Ristorante La Giara tel. +39 081 837 3860 or Motoscafisti di Capri tel. +39 081 837 3860
Transportation Schedules and Restaurant Hours
- What time does the first boat tour with a stop at the Blue Grotto depart in the morning?
- The first boat leaves at 9:30 am (on the most crowded days, the first boat departs earlier), with non-stop departures all day. We suggest you begin your day trip with a boat tour!
- What time does the first bus to Anacapri depart in the morning?
- The first bus leave at 9:30 am, with non-stop departures all day until 3 pm. Our private buses do not have a fixed schedule, but depart as soon as the bus is full.
- What time does the last bus leave from Anacapri to Capri?
- The last bus departs from Anacapri at 5 pm headed to Capri.
- How often does the funicular run?
- The funicular runs every 15 minutes, though more frequently when it is full. For the ride downhill from Capri to the port, allow for about 30 minutes before your ferry departs.
- What time are the restaurants open for lunch?
- The restaurants serve lunch from noon to 3 pm, and are closed at dinner.
Information for Children and Families
- Is there a discount for children?
- Children under 3 are free; children above 3 pay the full price.
- Can children take the chairlift?
- Children younger than 7 can ride the chairlift on their parent's lap. We suggest you exercise caution, as the chairlift does not have seatbelts.
- Can children visit the Blue Grotto?
- Yes, there is a discounted ticket for children and they can visit the Grotto safely.
- I follow a special diet. Will there be options for me on the menu?
- Of course! Let us know in advance and we'll make sure there are special options suitable for you.